Although the weather wasn’t exactly booming, there was lots of good flying going on this weekend.
A total of over 80 launches were done over the 2 days with some notable achievements by a number of members.
It was great to see a visit from Allan Donnelly who many will remember from days of old. Thanks to Maureen for driving the tug while I flew with him. He had another soaring flight off the winch later and went away a very happy chappy. Was also great to see Tom Wacey, Tom Gwilliam, Joe White and Geraint all making good use of the Astir. Martin Capps managed a very credible flight of over 2 hours and several other flights of over an hour took place. Simon test flew Stuarts nice shiny Discus and then Stuart had a very nice flight in it. New members Andrew and Louisa both seemed very keen and it was good to see the enthusiasm they brought with them. Maureen was kept busy all day Saturday and Chris on Sunday. It was a real team effort all round that led to a smoothly run operation and lots of good progress being made. There were a couple of new potential members around as well so hope to see them again soon. I’m sure I will have missed out some other notable events but the story is that it was a FUN weekend, well done everyone!
- Protected: SWGC committee meeting minutes December 2019December 8, 2019 - 12:56 pm
- Protected: SWGC committee meeting minutes 24 October 2019November 2, 2019 - 4:43 pm
- Protected: SWGC committee meeting minutes 5 September 2019October 8, 2019 - 3:29 pm
- Great Weekends Flying at South Wales Gliding ClubJuly 15, 2019 - 9:42 am
- SWGC committee meeting minutes June 2019July 2, 2019 - 10:43 am