Gliding is not an elitist sport, quite the opposite, virtually anyone can have a go. Generally if you are capable of driving a car then you should have no problem learning to flying a glider.
We are a small friendly club enjoying some of the best conditions and scenery in the country. Although small, we are a well established club – we’ve been gliding from Usk for over 25 years.
Contrary to what most people think gliding isn’t about flying around the field for 5 minutes, in good conditions a well flown glider can go very high or a long way. Several flights of over 500 km have been flown from Usk and the club height record is over 30000 feet.
- Protected: SWGC committee meeting minutes 21 September 2018October 5, 2018 - 11:04 am
- Protected: SWGC committee meeting minutes 20 July 2018July 28, 2018 - 7:07 am
- Protected: SWGC committee meeting minutes May 2018May 12, 2018 - 8:55 pm
- Protected: AGM minutes January 2018March 2, 2018 - 5:24 pm
- Protected: SWGC committee minutes February 2018March 2, 2018 - 1:09 pm