Gliding is not an elitist sport, quite the opposite, virtually anyone can have a go. Generally if you are capable of driving a car then you should have no problem learning to flying a glider.
We are a small friendly club enjoying some of the best conditions and scenery in the country. Although small, we are a well established club – we’ve been gliding from Usk for over 25 years.
Contrary to what most people think gliding isn’t about flying around the field for 5 minutes, in good conditions a well flown glider can go very high or a long way. Several flights of over 500 km have been flown from Usk and the club height record is over 30000 feet.
We operate club flying at weekends throughout the year. However, on a good soaring day during the week you will probably find a launch is available.
Ever glimpsed a glider circling under a cloud and wondered what it feels like? Click here to go to the trial flight page and you too could see it really is as good as it looks
- *** THIS SATURDAY!!! ****September 19, 2014 - 6:11 pm
- Wed 22ndOctober 19, 2014 - 1:21 pm
- Moving the tree trunks Sun 12th OctOctober 13, 2014 - 7:59 am
- EASA LICENSINGOctober 9, 2014 - 2:50 pm
- Protected: Commitee Meeting Minutes 01.08.2014September 30, 2014 - 3:39 pm
- Congratulations to Zak BarrettSeptember 28, 2014 - 7:54 am