Gliding is not an elitist sport, quite the opposite, virtually anyone can have a go. Generally if you are capable of driving a car then you should have no problem learning to flying a glider.
We are a small friendly club enjoying some of the best conditions and scenery in the country. Although small, we are a well established club – we’ve been gliding from Usk for over 25 years.
Contrary to what most people think gliding isn’t about flying around the field for 5 minutes, in good conditions a well flown glider can go very high or a long way. Several flights of over 500 km have been flown from Usk and the club height record is over 30000 feet.
- Protected: 6 Oct 17 SWGC Committee MinutesOctober 19, 2017 - 9:31 am
- Protected: SWGC committee minutes Aug 17October 7, 2017 - 2:13 pm
- Protected: 2015 – 7th Nov SWGC Meeting Minutes pdfMay 8, 2016 - 1:07 pm
- Protected: 26th Feb 2016 SWGC Meeting MinutesMay 6, 2016 - 12:27 pm
- First Big Day Of The YearMarch 31, 2016 - 8:50 pm