Gliding is not an elitist sport, quite the opposite, virtually anyone can have a go. Generally if you are capable of driving a car then you should have no problem learning to flying a glider.
We are a small friendly club enjoying some of the best conditions and scenery in the country. Although small, we are a well established club – we’ve been gliding from Usk for over 25 years.
Contrary to what most people think gliding isn’t about flying around the field for 5 minutes, in good conditions a well flown glider can go very high or a long way. Several flights of over 500 km have been flown from Usk and the club height record is over 30000 feet.
- Protected: SWGC -AGM -committee meeting minutes January 2020January 23, 2020 - 11:01 pm
- Protected: SWGC committee meeting minutes December 2019December 8, 2019 - 12:56 pm
- Protected: SWGC committee meeting minutes 24 October 2019November 2, 2019 - 4:43 pm
- Protected: SWGC committee meeting minutes 5 September 2019October 8, 2019 - 3:29 pm
- Great Weekends Flying at South Wales Gliding ClubJuly 15, 2019 - 9:42 am